April 27, 2008

Willa Cather, My Antonia

I actually finished this sometime last month, but hadn't gotten around to posting it here.

I enjoyed that it had very short chapters the perfect length for reading just before I fell asleep; that Ter had been reading it when she came to visit me in Italy; and that it was about a state where I lived, off and on, for half a decade, and brought back good memories. In addition to those recommendations, it was also an interesting story, and well-told.

I'd include some of my favorite quotes (one about how the primary feature of Nebraska, when one is driving through it, is that it keeps going, and the other about feeling attuned to the universe), but I ended up finishing it and racing it back to the library on my bike with just minutes to spare before it was overdue. So I guess they'll have to wait.

0 comments: